Monday, January 18, 2016

Week 2 Topic 2: Social Listening

Social Listening

   The brand that I selected for my Social Listening Blog is one of my favorite brands, Science News Magazine, I chose this brand because of my love of science & how this is one of my only methods (so far) of unending learning. I've only been a subscriber for a few years but I can't stop myself of excitement every time I open up my Kindle & find that I've got a new magazine to read (& it only costs me about $2.95 a month!). It's full of random scientific papers that are easy to follow & caught my attention from day one, very few articles are boring (to me) and they're full of detail.
   Alas my assignment asks me what their Value Proposition is... & quite frankly I have no idea. I have missed an entire weeks worth of schooling due to work & I have no idea what Value Proposition is nor can I find any data regarding this subject. 
   Once again another part of my assignment is to find three things people are saying about Science News... I first went to Twitter but because I'm a noob at this platform I couldn't figure out how to access what people were saying about the various subjects that were projected onto their Twitter feed. I then looked to their Facebook page where I found a much easier access to what was being said... What I found was unsettling. I found one person zealously telling others that their believes were going to cause them to go to hell, I found  most others commenting their own ideals onto the posts some followed with questions while others stated opinions without producing supporting details.
   If I was brand manager of Science News I'd block or delete those that aggressively attacked my website, although I don't have a problem with others disagreeing with what's being said about articles or with people bring up religious views within a scientific community in order to create dialogue, feedback, or positive criticism. I do have a problem with people using ALL CAPS in order to tell others that they're going to hell simply because they believe differently than myself. As a brand manager & from what I've seen so far I wouldn't change their social media format from what I've already seen, I feel that it gets right to the point (or post lol) & doesn't do much other than what most scientific agendas should do. They post articles relating to the newest found scientific 'discoveries' & they allow their readers to post their comments & increase the awareness/dialogue of the content that's being 'discovered' hence the awareness of the 'product' and the 'dialogue' of those who care about the 'product'.

Science News Magazine Facebook page

Science News Magazine Wiki Page

Science News Magazine Twitter  Page

No comments:

Post a Comment